Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Computers

I'm currently in a Computer Literacy class. I'm only taking the class to familiarize myself with the school environment and because it seems like too much work to test out of it.

Anyway, I made this list of my computers and some of their pertinent stats. I thought it would be interesting to throw up here so that I can reference it later when these systems won't be as powerful as my cell phone (my iPod is already more powerful than the one). Here's the list:

· My Work Computer: Dell Precision M65

o Display: 15” integrated, capable of WSXGA+ resolution

o Secondary Display: 2 external 20” wide-screen ViewSonic monitors (running WSXGA+ resolution, 1680x1050)

o Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz

o Memory: 2 GB RAM

o Storage: 80 GB hard disk

o Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2

· My Primary Home Computer: MacBook White

o Display: 13.3” integrated display set to WXGA resolution (1280x800)

o Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz

o Memory: 2 GB RAM

o Storage: 160 GB hard disk

o Operating System: Apple OS X version 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

· My Wife’s Primary Home Computer: Lenovo IdeaPad S10

o Display: 10.2” integrated set to WSVGA resolution (1024x600)

o Processor: Intel Atom, 1.6 GHz

o Memory: 1 GB RAM

o Storage: 160 GB hard disk

o Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home SP3

· My Media PC: Dell Dimension 4700

o Display: external 20” wide-screen ViewSonic monitor (soon to be a Toshiba 32” LCD TV)

o Processor: Intel Pentium 4 with HyperThreading, 3.2 GHz

o Memory: 2 GB RAM

o Storage: 200 GB primary hard disk, 40 GB secondary

o Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (RTM version)

· My File Server: Dell Optiplex 170L

o Display: None

o Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz

o Memory: 1 GB RAM

o Stoarge: 80 GB primary hard disk, 200 GB secondary

o Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

· My Son’s Primary Home Computer: Compaq Armada 1500

o Display: 12.2” integrated TFT

o Processor: Intel Pentium II Mobile 266 MHz

o Memory: 32 MB RAM

o Storage: 4 GB hard disk

o Operating System: VectorLinux Standard


No comments: